This position involves answering 9-1-1Calls for Police, Fire, and
EMS. Dispatching and monitoring units. This is shift work in a 24
hour center. You must type 40 wpm.
Records clerks process Offense, Accident and other reports. Answer
Phones and process requests for citizens and Agency personnel as needed.
are currently accepting applications for Communications Specialist.
City of Texarkana, Texas is currently accepting applications for
the position of Communications Specialist to perform
specialized work in receiving and dispatching calls for emergency
service and related tasks in the 9-1-1 Emergency Communications
Center . Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma or
G.E.D; must be able to type 40 wpm with a high
degree of accuracy; at least one year of experience as an emergency
dispatcher (or the equivalent combination of education and experience)
is preferred but not mandated; knowledge of radio procedures; ability
to react appropriately in emergency situations; ability to be certified
as an ACIC and TCIC operator; and good speaking and record keeping
skills. APPLICANTS WILL BE TESTED FOR TYPING
SPEED AND ACCURACY. MUST BE WILLING TO WORK VARYING SHIFTS, HOLIDAYS
, AND OCCASIONAL OVERTIME.
OF TEXARKANA , TEXAS
OFFICE, ROOM 104
THIRD AND TEXAS BOULEVARD
, TEXAS 75501
CITY OF TEXARKANA , TEXAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
hiring process involves many steps.
- The vacancy is advertised in the Texarkana Gazette by the City
of Texarkana, Texas Personnel Department. Applications are taken
Monday through Friday.
- Applications are reviewed.
- Typing tests are administered by the Texarkana Work Force Center
at 1118 Wood Street for Records applicants. Minimum typing
speed for Dispatch or Records is 40 wpm.
- Dispatch applicants are administered a basic skills test for
- An interview is conducted. Background and Pre-Polygraph booklets
may be issued.
- A conditional offer of employment will be offered to qualified
- Pre-employement physical and drug screen will be administered.
- Background check will be completed and a polygraph will be
Salary and Benefits
- Telecommunications Operators: $ 12.08 per hour entry.
- Data Entry Clerk: $10.76 per hour entry.
- Records Specialist: $ 9.71 per hour entry.
- 15 Vacation Days
- 15 Sick Days
- 9 Holidays
- Retirement, Paid Health/Dental/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plan,
- After one year, benefits include Longevity Pay, Education Incentive
or Tuition Reimbursement.
- Shift Differential for 2nd shift: $12.00 per pay period.